Thursday 26 February 2015

Extra, extra, read all about it!

There is a surprising amount of discussion in the running community about what makes a 'proper' runner. Is it about speed? Or frequency of training? Is running your primary sport? Do you have to love running to be a runner? 

After much pondering, I think I have the answer for you: It's all about the headgear.

This is based on a very scientific study with N=1 (me). I tend to sweat when I run, in a rather un-ladylike fashion, so to protect my eyes and keep my head cool at the same time, I've recently started wearing a headband. 

At first, I was worried that this was a bit too '80s cardio bunny' for East London, but rather than attracting smirks from the local hipster population, something amazing happened: Fellow runners started giving me "The Nod"! I've been trying to elicit this for some time, occasionally managing to get "The Smile", but this is new. I'm not running any faster, my form isn't any better - the only thing that is different is my headgear.

So: If you would also like to be a 'proper' runner, or whatever your exercise drug of choice may be, here is your chance! I got some fabulous lycra fabrics and am making headbands and scrunchies to raise money for the Ron Pickering Memorial Fund.

This is the headband:


Keep that hair in check!


Can be used to tie back your hair in a pinch (and if you have sufficient hair - I don't):


 Instant coolness!


 If you prefer a scrunchie, here it is!



I have four different styles:
  • Rosie blue
  • Oh so many dots
  • Rather British
  • Superhero kapow* 
 *this looks red in the picture, but is actually a lovely bright pink





Here's how it works:
  • If you'd like a headband or scrunchie, please send me an e-mail with desired style (eva00unterwegs@gmail.com). 
  • Once I've confirmed availability, please make a donation of at least 5 GBP at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/evavlm. Shipping included.
  • One size fits most, but do let me know if your head is abnormally sized ;-)
  • Not in the EU but want one? E-mail me!

Thanks for reading, the promised post on training is in the works so check back regularly or subscribe (option in the sidebar).

No comments:

Post a Comment